Things To Do and Excursions
Shopping in New York is a must and is justifiably world-renowned – the sheer quantity of stores, boutiques and malls are just begging to be explored. You can go from one extreme to the other – from the most insanely expensive designer stores to ubiquitous souvenir stalls on street corners, there’s a shopping haven for every price point.
Museums and Galleries
While it may be known for its shopping and nightlife, New York is well known for being a cultural hub as well. The art galleries here are second to none and are the perfect place to peruse outstanding classics and contemporary offerings from new and upcoming artists. Explore the Natural History Museum, the MoMA and the uniquely-shaped Guggenheim – just a small sample of the cultural offerings.
If you’re planning on catching one of the spectacular events during your stay, you’re in luck – there’s seemingly always an event taking place. Macy’s day Parade is one of the most common, with an astonishing parade of floats, marching bands and oversized balloons make their way down 6th Avenue. There’s also the Labor Day Carnival and the much-anticipated New Year’s celebrations at Times Square.
New York Travel Guides
- Useful Facts
- Top 10 things to do in New York
- Top 10 luxury hotels in New York
- Head out on one of these top day trips from New York City
- Top 10 most iconic buildings in New York City
- Top 10 rooftop bars in New York
- Top 10 restaurants in New York
- A beginner's guide to Central Park
- Top 10 historical hotels in New York
- 72 hours in New York
- Scale the Rockefeller Center
- Eating, Drinking & Nightlife
- Things To Do and Excursions