Covid-19 Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Carmel holidays - Picturesque, calm and slow
European in style, Californian in climate; Carmel is a truly picturesque region of the Monterey Bay region. A beautiful Oceanside town, the views here are phenomenal and certainly one of this area’s biggest draws for tourists. Boasting a relaxed ambience and a quaint selection of shops, galleries and eateries, this is quite unlike many other Californian beach destinations. It’s not difficult to see how this area has inspired so many poets and artists over the years.
Enjoy a slow paced lifestyle of wine, sunbathing and exploring
Despite its relatively diminutive size, Carmel has a number of attractions and activities to keep visitors entertained. As well as being great for beach holidays, the area is known for hosting an abundance of vineyards and wineries throughout its verdant landscape, so wine tastings are popular here. Culturally speaking, this area has a great appeal as there are numerous theatre performances, film festivals and musical events taking place throughout the year, not to mention the architecture and galleries open for browsing each day. Love to shop? The most discerning of shoppers is sure to be won over by the selection of contemporary stores lining the stone-paved streets. Browse the markets, pick up some souvenirs or indulge in some of the designer offerings in the boutiques.
Five reasons to visit Carmel
- The beaches along the coast are picturesque and peaceful – ideal for romantic strolls and twilight picnics.
- Go shopping – Carmel has a number of great shops, malls and boutique stores.
- The wining and dining here is sophisticated, freshly and locally produced – why not take a wine tour while you’re here?
- There’s a focus on cultural events which is great if you love exploring the art and events in a location - the Forest Theatre is a unique outdoor amphitheatre set within a pine forest; in the summer they host screenings.
- Carmel is close to some other great Californian destinations, so why not take a multi-centre holiday or go on a self-drive to see more of this amazing region.