Experience Montana's untamed beauty. From vast skies to majestic mountains, this beautiful destination immerses you in nature's wonder with its serene hikes and thrilling wildlife sightings. Rediscover tranquility in Big Sky Country - Montana awaits your next unforgettable holiday.
Montana holidays - vast, scenic and rugged
Montana is lovingly known as ‘Big Sky Country’ and gives a new meaning to the phrase ‘wide open spaces’. Montana is beautifully raw and untamed, the wild and the natural; a blend of spectacular scenery and rich history. To the north is the breath-taking Glacier National Park, a beautiful wilderness in the Rocky Mountains with snowy peaks, a hidden photogenic lake and grizzly bears, then to the south is fascinating Yellowstone National Park, with some of the world’s most vibrant geothermal activity which lies partly in Montana. In between you’ll find ranches, cattle drives, rodeos, ghost towns and old mining towns. Tour through Little Bighorn Battlefield where General Custer infamously met his last stand against Chief Sitting Bull and the Lakota and Cheyenne native warriors, in their last armed efforts to preserve their way of life.
Montana provides year-round opportunities; from white water rafting, horse riding, fly fishing, zip lining, mountain biking, all for the adrenalin seeking enthusiast. Or experience the laid back Western way of life with sweeping scenic drives through the mountains, leisurely strolls down charming main streets from the gold-rush era, or some quiet time at the museums to delve into the history of the fourth largest state in the USA. The Beartooth scenic byway is not to be missed, extending from the quaint mountain town of Red Lodge, through a mesmerising land of glaciers, high alpine lakes and glacier carved cirques, to its final destination of iconic Yellowstone National Park. It’s not surprising that Montana is nicknamed America’s Best Last Place.
Five reasons to visit Montana
- Take a look back at American history and visit Little Bighorn Battlefield where General Custer met his last stand. Take a free guided tour of Little Big Horn Battlefield, Montana with a member of the Crow Indian Reservation
- No visit to Montana will be complete without a visit to Glacier National Park – Montana’s jewel in its crown! Drive the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park, Montana both ways, the views are too good to miss
- Make time to visit Virginia City and Nevada City which have been restored to reflect the boom days when settlers and miners migrated to Montana in the late 1800s. Take time to explore the historic shops, theatres and houses
- When driving to/from Glacier National Park visit the crystal clear waters of Flathead Lake and the picturesque small town of Bigfork which has been honoured as one of the 50 Great Towns in the West and is brimming with art galleries, fine restaurants and high-end boutiques.
- Embrace your inner cowboy or cowgirl at one of Montana’s many ranches – choose to stay in a luxury guest ranch, working ranch or an authentic dude ranch – the choice is yours