9am-7pm Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm Sat-Sun
Boston holidays - Iconic, historic and charismatic
Famous as a symbol of American freedom, academic institutions and cultural intrigue, Boston is one of the USA’s most iconic and impressive cities. This is a leafy and progressive place with an almost bohemian attitude thanks to the multitude of museums, galleries and film festivals drawing the creative and the hip.
A classic New England destination with sports, food and culture galore
New England and particularly Boston in the fall is a classic holiday where people want to enjoy the beauty of the fall foliage. Boston is the gateway and heart of New England and it can make a perfect base to explore this stunning region. We’ve got a range of great self-drive holidays and escorted tours that can really take the hassle out of your adventure here.
Sport is big here with a number of legendary teams competing in America’s major league sports. Perhaps most famous is the Boston Red Sox baseball club and if you get the opportunity to catch a game at Fenway Park, you won’t be disappointed.
If you think you’d also like to spend some time in New York, Boston holidays offer the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the proximity of the two cities; it only takes around three-and-a-half hours to drive between the two, and flights take around an hour.
Why visit Boston?
- It serves as the perfect base to get around and see the best of New England – and when it comes to fly drive holidays, New England might be America’s ultimate destination
- It’s a true cultural powerhouse with a huge range of museums and art galleries (be sure to visit the Institute of Contemporary Art)
- You simply have to experience the region’s famous fall scenery and as Boston has so many parks and green areas you can experience the beauty of the leaves without leaving the confines of the city
- See some of America’s most legendary sporting teams; the Boston Red Sox, the New England Patriots, the Boston Bruins and the Boston Celtics all play within the Greater Boston area
- Shopping is a treat here – alongside the fashion boutiques, famous-name brands, an outlet mall and speciality shops, you’ll find just about everything. Massachusetts is also tax free on clothes and shoes up to $175