9am-7pm Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm Sat-Sun
Stowe holidays - Thrilling, charismatic and fun
This quaint, picturesque village nestled in Vermont may be small, but it certainly packs a punch when it comes to outdoor recreation. With skiing, snowshoeing, ice climbing, mountain biking, zip-lining and even more available here, Stowe is the perfect destination for active families.
Grab your hiking, biking and climbing gear and explore this fabulous area
Nestled in the serene Green Mountains, Stowe is a traditional resort destination that seamlessly combines small town charm with high-end accommodation, spas and facilities, all against a picturesque backdrop dominated by the majestic Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.
Stowe is a quintessential Vermont town, especially renowned for its fantastic skiing. But it’s also a popular year-round destination with something to offer thrill seekers and active families in all seasons. Spring and summer draw hikers, climbers and bikers, whilst the explosion of autumn colours during the fall should not be missed.
Besides the natural beauty and outdoor recreation, you’ll also find a wealth of great shopping, dining and entertainment options.
World-class snow sports aside, Stowe offers endless fun for outdoor lovers during the summer months. Explore miles of hiking and biking trails, whether along the scenic Recreation Path or the more challenging Long Trail, accessible from Smuggler’s Notch State Park. Adrenaline junkies should head to the Stowe Mountain Resort for ziplining, rock climbing and tree-top adventures, whilst more leisurely pursuits include fishing, golf, tennis, horseback riding, gondola rides and canoe river tours.
The town offers an abundance of fantastic restaurants and cafes to fuel all that outdoor adventure. Ranging from romantic bistros to traditional pubs, fine dining fare to kid-friendly establishments and serving up everything from Mexican to Mediterranean, Italian to American, it’s truly hard to know where to start.
Don’t miss a tour of the nearby Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream factory, or the chance to learn more about the production of Vermont classics like maple syrup, local cheeses and cider at various breweries and production mills. Then be sure to stock up on locally-made goodies at the dozens of authentic outlets. There are also a wealth of cultural attractions to dive into, including the famed Trapp Family Lodge straight out of The Sound of Music, along with a handful of excellent museums, art galleries and performing arts venues.
Five reasons to visit Stowe
- Winter sports: Stowe is reputedly one of the best ski resorts in the Eastern US, offering not only skiing but snowshoeing, dogsledding, ice-skating and snow tubing throughout the winter months
- Summer recreation: Must-visit spots for hikers, bikers and climbers include Stowe Recreation Path, Moss Glen Falls and Smugglers Notch State Park
- Stowe boasts a stunning setting in which to enjoy your outdoor activity of choice. Take in breath-taking vistas of the Green Mountains, stroll through picturesque meadows and along scenic riverbanks, and be sure not to miss the blazing fall foliage display
- Shopping and dining: Home to an incredibly diverse mix of shops, coffee houses, bars and restaurants, there’s always something new and unique to discover
- Culture and special events: Stowe plays host to a wealth of exciting cultural happenings, from musicals, orchestras and outdoor concerts to food and drink festivals and an annual hot air balloon festival