San Francisco holidays - Low-key, friendly and eclectic
San Francisco is a beautiful city with an individual personality that sets itself apart from other destinations in more ways than one. Vast, pastel-hued and very liberal, locals here take pride in being the US’ cultural nucleus.
A city that is always in style
San Francisco is a city of throwing caution to the wind and making the most of unforgettable experiences. The city is split into numerous districts which each play host to their own distinct cultures and nuances, making for a really inspiring and stimulation trip. The inspiration for a number of notable films and literary figures, you won’t be the first person to be completely consumed by this exciting destination – nor will you be the last.
And culturally speaking, there’s something for everyone. A fantastic underground music scene thrives beneath the mainstream, film festivals celebrate the best of the year’s offerings, and it’s a hub of activity, digitally speaking.
Don’t arrive expecting the reliable sunshine of other Californian destinations, as the weather here can be cooler and is prone to heavy fog. But that doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to enjoy the sunshine – with several beaches, the warmer months here can be lovely to spend by the lapping waters.
Five reasons to visit San Francisco
- The scenery – the quaint Victorian architecture, trundling cable cars and sprawling fog lend themselves to developing a unique and quirky landscape
- San Francisco is a gastronomic haven, where inventive chefs and innovative bars come together to create a wealth of culinary delights to excite your palate
- The attractions are a tourists dream – the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Lombard Street and Telegraph Hill are just a few must-see spots
- The culture is as fantastic as it is prominent, where you’ll find age-old bookstores, galleries and museums, each infused with the city’s heritage and charm
- Its coastal setting means you’ll find some good beaches, such as the Ocean, China and Baker Beaches