Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Las Vegas holidays - Glitzy, ostentatious and animated
A city of extremes, boasting almost every superlative you can think of, you won’t find things done by halves in Las Vegas. Arguably the only city in the world where it’s perfectly normal to see anything from brides accompanied by Elvis to people brunching beneath the Eiffel Tower in the middle of the Mojave Desert, it’s very easy to fall down wormholes of the bizarre here and lose track of time.
An iconic destination that needs to be seen to be believed
Vegas is famous for the glitz, of course, so you won’t find cabaret, theatre and shows in short supply. And Vegas really knows how to put on a show. Some of the world’s top performers have wowed audiences here and there really is always something going on. Comedy, magic, impersonations and tribute acts or the real deal – there’s no shortage of live entertainment.
Sure, you could come just to gamble your life savings in a casino, but that would be a waste of this city’s many talents. It’s so much more than its gaudy nocturnal reputation. For starters, there’s nothing stopping you bringing the kids along – Las Vegas can be a great family destination. The increasing array of family-friendly attractions makes this a real draw for kids and adults alike, from the video games arcade and indoor theme park at Circus Circus, to the children’s museum found downtown and the shark aquarium at Mandalay Bay.
Downtown, you’ll see a softer side to Las Vegas – where the heritage of the city hasn’t yet been wholly replaced. Shop the vintage stores, seek out more laid-back cocktail bars and dine where the locals can be found. The Strip is home to some ostentatious architecture that dominates the skyline – since the 1950s, when the city began transforming itself into what we know it as today, it’s replicated some of the world’s most notorious buildings and in turn developed itself into somewhere truly unique.
Five reasons to visit Las Vegas
- The flamboyance is charming and an unmissable feature of your time here; revel in the unique ambience that this heady city provides.
- Entertainment is found by the bucket-load and caters to all audiences, whether you want a sophisticated night listening to live music or a crazy, cocktail-infused club.
- As far as tourist attractions go, Las Vegas is not going to disappoint. An attraction in itself, everything from the hotels to the bizarre museums has a story attached.
- The shopping – Las Vegas comes in at every price point, from the pricey couture to souvenirs.
- The nearby destinations make this ideal as part of a twin or multi-centre holiday – why not end a trip to Los Angeles with a Vegas weekend, or head to the tranquil Grand Canyon after a wild getaway?