Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Portland holidays - Trendy, young and sustainable
Portland, Oregon, is an effortlessly cool city, brimming with quaint coffee shops, winding bicycle paths, luscious gardens and promoting an eco-friendly lifestyle. Quickly becoming one of America's most fashionable cities, this is certainly the place for trendy travellers.
Enjoy time in an effortlessly cool city
Steadily becoming one of the most fashionable and popular destinations in the US, Portland is a buzzing city with some great, tourist neighbourhoods boasting pretty architecture, energetic nightlife and a range of activities and attractions. Here you’ll find a huge number of micro-breweries, independent stores and boutiques, and countless delicious restaurants.
Portland city breaks really offer you the chance to enjoy the charm and culture of this fantastic place. Coffee fans will marvel at the selection of unique coffee shops, all producing their own brand of the drink in a friendly environment. The range of museums and art galleries also means that there is always something for you to do or see.
While it might not be the first thing you think of when someone mentions Portland, river cruise holidays are actually a fantastic choice if you’re looking to see this amazing city from a different perspective. With a range of cruising travelling either from or to Portland, you can experience the beauty of the surrounding area and also enjoy a stay in the city itself.
Based on America’s northwest Pacific coast, one the best ways to see Portland is as part of a self-drive or escorted tour. It really makes sense to get around the area when you’re here as there are so many fantastic cities and destinations nearby including Seattle, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco and Crater Lake National Park.
Five reasons to visit Portland
- The creative industries which thrive here make Portland a really interesting place to visit, whether you're seeking art or independent stores
- Speaking in culinary terms, Portland is one of the more innovative and exciting cities to visit - food carts can be found dotted around the streets, serving an array of delicious foods to be eaten on the go
- If you want to find an interesting watering hole, Portland is packed with them - if you're really looking for something unique, find one serving the local brew. Portland has around 30 breweries within its perimeters serving a vast rantge of beers and lagers
- The neighbourhoods are quirky, interesting and always offering up something to see. In fact, Portland is renowned for being one of the edgier cities in the US and makes for a great place to explore
- Nature-lovers will be in their element with the great array of landscape-based attractions. From the conical-shaped Mt Hood to Forest Park, there's enough land to cover during your stay to keep you entertained and amazed