9am-7pm Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm Sat-Sun
Palm Springs holidays - Fashionable, colourful and nostalgic
A desert oasis quite unlike any other, Palm Springs is a Hollywood hideaway that still retains the retro glamour of its glitzy past.
A cool desert city that's become an instagrammable treasure trove
Bordered by the arid beauty of the desert, Palm Springs is a unique blend of all-American culture, sun-kissed landscape and swathes of glitterati. Couple this with the ever-present Californian sunshine and you have the makings of a luxurious holiday destination.
It’s recommended that you get out and see Palm Springs’ natural side while you’re here – it’s breath-taking and there’s so much to do! Whether you’re roaming Indian Canyons, exploring the valley or taking the tamer approach and visiting the Living Desert, this urban oasis is brimming with outdoor pursuits. And if sun-blushed sports are your thing, Palm Springs golf holidays are an absolute haven – with over 100 golf courses, you’ll struggle to find a more picturesque location for practicing your swing.
Palm Springs is located just a two hour drive from the bright lights of Los Angeles, so it makes the ideal stopover as part of a tour or multi-centre. And don’t assume that because you’re in the desert, indulgences are out of the question – Palm Springs is host to a range of designer boutiques, great entertainment and a wealth of eateries to whet your appetite. Guaranteeing you the best of both worlds, Palm Springs is one of California’s true highlights.
Five reasons to visit Palm Springs
- The scenery really is something else – nestled at the foothills of the Santa Rosa Mountains, in the heart of the Coachella Valley, Palm Springs is the perfect desert escape.
- If you’re hoping to soak up some retro culture, this is one of the USAs top destinations, with the majority of America’s celebrity clientele staying here back in the Hollywood glory days.
- Set so close to Las Vegas and other Californian hangouts, Palm Springs is perfect as part of a self-drive or multi-centre holiday.
- The architecture is stunning, with modernist architecture well worth keeping a look out for.
- Visitors looking for luxury will find it in abundance here – the area hasn’t lost any of its charm and cocktail hour is just as ubiquitous as it always was.