Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Yosemite National Park holidays - Distinctive, breath-taking and serene
Situated in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Yosemite National Park is a breathtaking combination of pristine landscape, rugged mountains and native wildlife. You can be in the park within hours of leaving such metropolises as Los Angeles and San Francisco – hard to believe when you come face to face with the striking scenery. The landscape varies from 2,000 to 13,000 feet above sea level, so if you’re into rock climbing there are few places as awe-inspiring to do it. Speckled with sequoia-trees, wild bears and glaciers, it really is a sight to behold.
A beautiful and active destination to explore
Yosemite is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has a wealth of attractions within its mighty perimeters. From Glacier Point to the Happy Isles Nature Centre, Yosemite Falls to the Half Dome, you could spend weeks exploring all that it has to offer. There’s even a beach! The Sentinel Beach runs along the waters of the Merced River and is a popular stop with tourists.
The park is open all year round, with different activities and advantages to each season. If you want to see Yosemite when it’s blooming and bathed in sunshine, then summer is the ideal time to go – but beware, this is the season most popular with Yosemite’s some 4 million annual visitors! The winter season is less ideal if you want to hike, but the scenery is just as beautiful and there are different activities taking place, such as skiing at Badger Pass (open from mid-December to late March).
Five reasons to visit Yosemite National Park
- The scenery is by far the biggest draw – it’s outstanding and diverse, from lakes to glaciers, mountain passes and stunning flora
- Outdoor pursuits are, unsurprisingly, fantastic here; choose from skiing, hiking, rock climbing and cycling, to name just a few
- Ideal for families, the park is perfect for memorable family holidays where you can get out in the Californian sunshine and see something different
- Touring opportunities are amazing in Yosemite; you may want to consider an escorted tour to see as much of the park as possible during your stay
- The wildlife is worth seeking out, whether you're interested in seeing the amazing birdlife of peregrine falcons and golden eagles, or if you're on the hunt for a sighting of the mighty bears which call this home