Nevada holidays - Iconic, beautiful and eclectic
It may be branded as just a hub for Las Vegas, but Nevada has some other attractions besides this glittering city. Part striking cityscape, part arid desert, Nevada is surprisingly one of the largest states in the U.S.
Home to the bright lights of Las Vegas
There’s a massive range of attractions here in Nevada, from hiking the Mount Rose summit trail to exploring the sensational Mojave Desert or going tubing in the Truckee River. As the setting to unforgettable experiences, Nevada is up there with the best of them – a striking and magical landscape which houses so many wonderful attractions.
Self-drive tours are by far one of the best ways to experience this state – the wide, expansive roads are just begging to be explored and offer really amazing driving conditions. Take to the open road and explore sights such as Lake Tahoe or Hoover Dam; the Black Rock Desert and the Great Basin National Park. From Reno to Carson City, there are plenty of cityscapes to experience as well, which make the ideal contrast to the striking surrounding desert.
Of course, you can’t visit Nevada without stopping by Las Vegas – it’s one of the most popular locations in America and a principle tourist trap within the state. Whether you’re heading to the Entertainment Capital for a few days of bright lights or you want to end a fantastic tour of Nevada with a casino-filled pit stop, there’s no complete tour of Nevada without seeing Vegas.
Five reasons to visit Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s most renowned attraction, is a vibrant, energetic and unforgettable city.
- The vast array of natural wonders make Nevada a must if you enjoy outdoor pursuits; go kayaking along Lake Tahoe or explore the Cathedral Gorge.
- Death Valley is a unique and interesting location set within Nevada’s perimeters – a must-see.
- Take part in a self-drive tour as the basis for your holiday, as the landscape is the ideal backdrop to hitting the open road and seeing what makes this state special.
- Visit some of the national parks, where you’ll find an abundance of wildlife, breath-taking scenery and stunning flora.