Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Sequoia National Park holidays - Empowering, jaw-dropping and scenic
A neighbour of Kings Canyon, the magnificent Sequoia National Park is home to many of the world’s largest trees, including General Sherman – the world’s largest tree standing at a staggering 275ft high. This awe-inspiring location really does take your breath away, comprising mountains, vast caverns and mighty canyons, in addition to amazing wildlife and the spectacular namesake trees. From the Sherman Tree Trail (the end-point being General Sherman) to the Tunnel Log, where you can drive through a colossal sequoia, there is plenty to see and do here.
A national park that boasts beauty for every season
Sequoia National Park is open all year round and the views don’t become any less amazing from one season to the next. If you’re visiting in the spring or summer, the mass of wildflower blooms are stunning – in winter, the towering tree tops become enveloped in a thick shroud of snow. However, bear in mind that you may need to adjust your plans if you want to visit the adjacent Kings Canyon Park as part of your trip, as the park is only open between mid-May and mid-November. There are numerous highlights to keep an eye out for as well, such as Tokopah Falls, Moro Rock and the Giant Forest Museum, where you can learn about the parks history.
Five reasons to visit Sequoia National Park
- The park is full of beautiful and unforgettable attractions, such as the Crescent Meadow – a montane meadow edged by sequoias – and the Crystal Cave.
- The sheer grandeur and imposing nature of these cinnamon-hued trees makes them a must-see if you’re in California. You won’t regret it.
- Nature enthusiasts will love the array of birds and wildlife found within the perimeters of the park, from bears to lizards and gophers.
- The range of activities means you’ll never be short of things to do; make the most of fishing, swimming and hiking, or simply relaxing by a campfire.
- There’s nowhere better for a relaxing outdoor break – the tranquillity of this area is perfectly suited to some time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.