The famous Rocky Mountaineer now features a stunning rail route through the American Rockies between Moab in Utah and Denver in Colorado. Taking this slow-paced rail journey through some of the world’s most spectacular scenery must be close to the top of any travel wish-list. Travel from West to East or East to West - the choice is yours.
Before boarding the iconic train on it’s spectacular journey, you will enjoy a few days touring the stunning National Parks of Utah - exploring the superb natural sandstone arches of Arches National Park, the mysterious rock formations called Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Park and the soaring mounts and lush valley’s of Zion National Park.
On Day 5 you will board the Rocky Mountaineer train and on leaving Moab you will see views of the Book Cliff Mountains and La Sal Mountains that are only accessible by rail or river, before arriving into the charming resort of Glenwood Springs. In the morning marvel at the sight of Mount Garfield and then raise a toast as you cross the border from Colorado into Utah. Approaching Denver you will travel through stunning canyons such as Red Canyon, Byers and Glenwood Canyon. You’ll spot wildlife such as mountain lions, bears and big-horn sheep.
You can also do this itinerary in reverse, stating in Denver and ending in Las Vegas – please ask for prices and details. (RMR)
- Board the Rocky Mountaineer for a unique journey by rail, following the route of Colorado River, through the Rockies, crossing the Continental Divide, journeying through Utah and Colorado.
- Dine on board the Rocky Mountaineer, as you watch the beautiful landscapes through the custom-designed glass-dome carriage, including a selection of wines and beverages
- Experience the fun city of Denver and charming spa town of Glenwood Springs
- Explore the national parks of Arches, Bryce Canyon and Zion on fully guided tours
Itinerary Overview Please note you can also do this itinerary in reverse, starting in Denver
Fly to Las Vegas 1 night – Coach to Zion National Park then onto Bryce Canyon 1 night – Coach to tour of Bryce Canyon National Park then onto Moab 2 nights – Tour of Arches National Park – Morning tour of Canyonlands National Park then onboard Rocky Mountaineer rail journey to Glenwood Springs 1 night - Rocky Mountaineer rail journey across the Continental Divide to Denver 1 night – Fly home (or stay longer in Denver if you choose)
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits