Trapp Family Lodge
Room Only from €115 per person per night
At a Glance
The Trapp Family Lodge has stunning mountain views and is in the perfect location for those looking for fun and adventure. You can go skiing, mountain biking, hiking, bird watching, or have a go at playing disc golf - golf played with a frisbee-type throwing disc instead of a club and ball. There are also plenty of activities for children including scavenger hunts, pizza pool parties and jewellery making.
Situated on 2,500 acres in beautiful Stowe, Vermont, the Trapp Family Lodge is a unique luxury mountain resort featuring Austrian-inspired architecture and European-style rooms. There are 96 rooms including 1 & 2 bedroom family suites. Most rooms have a balcony or patio with lovely orchard or mountain views. There are seven restaurants and bars to enjoy with specialities including hearty Austrian fare, afternoon tea, freshly baked goods and the families own von Trapp Brewery.
Nesteled in the mountains, overlooking the village of Stowe, the Austrian-style alpine lodge is just 3 miles from the Stowe ski slopes, 6 miles from Bingham Falls and a 20 minute drive from the Ben & Jerry's Factory.
- 45 minutes drive from Burlington International Airport
There are 96 Austrian-style rooms, including 1 and 2 bedroom family suites, which all have lovely orchard or mountain views and feature:
- Complimentary wifi
- Air conditioning
- Balcony (maybe be shared)
- Full bathroom
- Some rooms also feature: sofa bed, whirlpool tub, living room, refrigerator, wet-bar, wood-burning stove, kitchenette
- The Dining Room - European dining, open for breakfast lunch and dinner boasting farm-to-table ingredients
- The Lounge - Serving afternnon tea, American and Austrian specialities and beverages, with nightly entertainment
- Kaffeehaus - Enjoy fresh baked goods and authentic Austrian coffee
- Bierhall Restaurant - Located on mountain bike trails and cross-country ski trails specialising in lagers and Austrian lunch and dinners
- Slayton Pasture Cabin - Rustic log cabin, perfect for lunches and hot drinks by the open fireplace
- The Trapp Family Lodge Wine Cellar - Varietys from around the world, with weekly wine and cheese tastings
- von Trapp Brewery
- Free WIFI
- 3 swimming pools
- Conference facilities
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- 4 clay tennis courts
- Croquet pitch
- Fitness centre
- Weekly showing of the Sound of Music and a documentary film about the history behind the film
- Daily activities including baking classes, painting, music, dance and jewellery making.