The charms of California are wide ranging but we think the beaches take a lot of beating. We’ve created this itinerary for those who want to have a relaxing holiday enjoying the best of southern California’s beaches. We’ve started in Santa Monica, a place that typifies the real attraction of this region. A wide sandy beach to enjoy, a retro pier for that real Americana experience and fantastic shopping and eating opportunities. Then it’s onto Santa Barbara on the stretch of coast widely regarded as the American Riviera, then head back south on Route 101 to Huntington Beach known for its surf beaches. You’ll end in “America’s Finest City” San Diego with its miles and miles of white sand beaches.
This itinerary is for 10 nights but we can adapt it to suit you. And if you fancy exploring further afield, such as driving over to the desert oasis playground of Palm Springs or north into the winelands of central California then just let us know. (TM)
“I spent a wonderful Sunday strolling around Santa Monica, through Pallisades Park overlooking the ocean and then onto the pier for the obligatory selfie by the “Route 66 End of the Trail” sign & enjoying the retro amusements. Then we walked along the beautiful sandy beach until the shops of Santa Monica Place beckoned – a lovely outdoor mall with plenty of places to stop for coffee, ice-cream or glass of Californian white”.
Kathryn, Programme Director American Sky
- Enjoy the beaches, restaurants and shops of vibrant Santa Monica
- Experience the charms of Santa Barbara, with its Spanish inspired architecture and vineyards as far as the eye can see
- Hang out in the surfing resort of Huntingdon Beach – either people watch or try it out yourself
- Explore the myriad beaches of San Diego, 30 of them offering something for everyone – families, surfers, wildlife-spotters, people-watchers and more
Fly into Los Angeles and either return from San Diego or Los Angeles
Santa Monica 3 nights – Santa Barbara 2 nights – Huntingdon Beach 2 nights – San Diego 3 nights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits