Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn
Room Only from €179 per person per night
Built in the 20's to resemble a Spanish mission, this hotel exudes character and luxury. We love the wine tasting hour which takes place every day in the lobby and there is also a daily guided hike around the surrounding countryside.
The championship golf course and award-winning spa, are two other reasons to choose this resort. And there is a great choice of restaurants including 38 Degrees North, featuring 50 exclusive wines by the glass to be paired with the “small-plates” menu built to match the style of each wine.
A luxurious stay for all ages, families will find this a great choice, with lots of activities (and not just ones including wine!) and a range of bedrooms large enough to accommodate adults and children.
The hotel is located in the small historic city of Sonoma in the heart of the Sonoma Valley
- One hour twenty minutes drive north of San Francisco
- 5 minutes to downtown Sonoma and 10 minutes to Sonoma Plaza
Guest rooms range from recently restored handsome Fairmont Heritage rooms to signature suites. Rollaway beds are available, making the larger rooms good for families. There is a total of 227 rooms, all featuring:
- Air conditioning
- Flatscreen TV, with cable TV and movies
- WiFi (charge)
- Mini bar fridge
- Terry cloth robes & slippers
- Luxury bath amenities
- In-room safe
- Iron & ironing board
- Ceiling fan
The following room types are available:
- Fairmont Rooms – 259 to 289 square feet, located in the main building, with one King or two Queen beds, and views of either the garden, courtyard or surrounding neighbourhood
- Fairmont Alcove Rooms – 299 square feet, located in the main building, with a King bed, and views of either the garden, courtyard or surrounding neighbourhood
- Deluxe Room – 368 square feet, with garden views. King-bedded rooms featured a double-sized walk-in shower, Queen-bedded rooms feature a shower & bathtub combination.
- Deluxe Fireplace Room – as above with wood burning fireplace
- Fairmont Suite – 580 square feet, with a king bed and double sofa bed, wet bar area and impressive bathroom. This suite can also connect to a Fairmont King room to create a 2 bedroom suite – ideal for families.
- Sante Restaurant – The Inn’s premier award-winning dining room – one of the best restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- 38 degrees North – a sumptuous lounge offering more than 50 wines by the glass, plus a “small plates” menu
- Water Tower Bar – Poolside café for drinks and snacks in the Californian sun
- Sonoma Golf Club Grill – Set in the handsome Sonoma Golf Clubhouse, a great place to enjoy a meal or a light snack whilst enjoying uninterrupted views of the course.
- Championship golf course, Par 72, reserved for members and Fairmont hotel guests only
- Extensive Spa with pools, baths and treatment areas built around the thermal mineral springs
- Daily complimentary wine tasting in the lobby 4.30 to 5.30pm
- Daily complimentary hike
- Daily complimentary fitness classes
- Fitness centre
- Relax & Rejuvenate Spa
Please note there is a Resort Fee of $30 per room per night which includes the following:
- Complimentary self-parking
- On-site shuttle service to Sonoma Plaza, Sonoma Golf Club
- Sparkling wine arrival
- Wine Country welcome bottle of wine in-room
- Daily lobby wine tasting (pouring Sonoma and Napa’s finest) 4:30-5:30 pm
- Guided daily hikes
- Daily Fitness classes
- Bike and golf club valet
- Board and lawn games
- Complimentary and discount winery tasting passes
- Pool amenities (sunscreen, water, ice)
- Lobby iPads
- Resort bikes
Please note that resort fees are subject to change without notice