Utah General Information
Utah brings contemporary meaning to the phrase: ‘wild west’. As well as the stunning scenery of the Canyonlands with mile-after-mile of starkly beautiful vistas, Utah boasts bustling cities and charming rural towns each with a character of their own.
Salt Lake City is the state capital and by far the largest city. It enjoys a pretty mountain backdrop as well as a cosmopolitan variety of art galleries, museums, restaurants and bars to suit every taste. It’s a regular stop on a number of our escorted tour itineraries.
Bryce Canyon National Park is arguably the most famous of Utah’s five national parks. The undulating copper-coloured landscape ensure some of the most spectacular sights you’ll find anywhere in America – make sure you take your camera to get some snaps of the iconic Bryce Canyon.
If you’re looking for some adventure, why not try an active holiday in Moab? The spectacular canyon scenery makes it a breathtaking place to experience everything from hikes, kayaking, four-wheel-drive tours and mountain biking.
Top reasons to visit Utah with American Sky
- Salt Lake City is a cosmopolitan city with a great variety of activities on offer
- The canyons are perfect for fun-loving exploration
- Adventure-lovers will find the opportunity to kayak, mountain bike and even go on four-while drive tours
- Visit the famous national parks include Bryce Canyon and Zion
- See the Dinosaur National Monument