FLY TO BOSTON
Welcome to Boston! On arrival at Logan International Airport, there is a transfer to your tour hotel. Maybe take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market? Early this evening, gather with your Tour Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception, drinks and a light informal meal.(Welcome Reception)
Hotel: Hilton Boston (SF)
BOSTON - WILLIAMSTOWN Discover some of Boston’s most famous sights as your Tour Director takes you along the Freedom Trail. Then enjoy the colourful scenery as you travel west to Stockbridge for a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum, the largest and most significant collection of original Rockwell art. Next, travel through the stunning rolling hills of the Berkshires to your hotel in the beautiful college town of Williamstown. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)
Hotel: The Williams Inn (F)
Day 3 & 4
THE LEGENDS OF THE FALL, STOWE AND THE TASTES OF VERMONT
Leave Massachusetts to journey through the legendary fall foliage of Vermont. After a photo stop at Quechee Gorge, visit the Rockefellers’ renowned Billings Farm and Museum, a working dairy farm and farm life museum. Next is the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock with its picturesque covered bridge. There is time to stroll the quaint streets before heading to Stowe for a two-night stay. It was the breathtaking alpine setting that attracted the Von Trapp family, of ‘The Sound of Music’ fame, when they arrived from Austria in the late 40’s and built their wonderful hideaway. At tonight’s Highlight Dinner, each of three inspired courses are perfectly paired with a lager tasting from your resort’s on-site microbrewery. You are joined by a resident chef who will talk you through your beer-benign meal. The next day enjoy beautiful scenery ablaze with fall colours and views of Vermont’s tallest peak, Mount Mansfield. Visit Cold Hollow Apple Cider Mill and taste fresh cider in the making, then sample flavours of a different kind on a guided tour of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory. Return to the charming town of Stowe where the rest of the day is free to wander the quaint streets, hike in the woods, or enjoy the lodge’s amenities.(Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner / Full Breakfast).
Hotel: Trapp Family Lodge (SF)
Day 5 & 6
NORTH CONWAY AND THE NATURAL SPLENDOUR OF THE WHITE MOUNTAINS
Near Montpelier visit Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and taste a Vermont tradition: “sugar on snow” - maple syrup served with a doughnut and pickle! Next, learn all about cheese-making at the Cabot Creamery and nibble on the “World’s Best Cheddar.” Then head for New Hampshire’s White Mountains and enter Franconia Notch. Get your cameras ready as the ride on the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway offers panoramic vistas over New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, and Canada. Later journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway for two-nights in North Conway. Tonight, enjoy an interpretive presentation by a naturalist on the North Woods’ wildlife and ecology. Another brilliant morning of fall foliage awaits as you journey through Crawford Notch. Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, offering stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 ft.(Full Breakfast / Dinner / Full Breakfast)
Hotel: White Mountain Hotel & Resort (F)
THE RUGGED MAINE COAST TO PORTSMOUTH
Leaving New Hampshire’s glorious fall foliage, enter the deep green pine forests of western Maine. At charming Kennebunkport, enjoy a drive along Ocean Drive with stunning views of the Maine coastline and the homes of Kennebunkport’s rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Browse the many galleries and shops,
or walk along the waterfront before continuing to charming and historic Portsmouth. Tonight enjoy a celebration “lobsta” dinner served at a harbourside restaurant.(Full Breakfast / Celebration Dinner)
Hotel: Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside (SF)
BACK TO BOSTON VIA THE COASTAL VILLAGE OF ROCKPORT
Continue south to the charming seaside village of Rockport on Cape Ann. Stroll down flower-filled lanes lined with wooden fishing shacks, quaint stores and art galleries before heading back to Boston. Stops will be made at Boston Logan International Airport for the return flight to the UK, and the Boston tour hotel for guests wishing to extend their stay. (Full Breakfast)
Please do not schedule flights before 4pm
- Return transatlantic flights
Included First Class Services
- Escorted by a professional Tour Director
- Headsets for all guided visits and walking tours
- Luxury air-conditioned, 40-guest coaches with extra legroom and onboard restroom
- Insight Hotels include all service charges, taxes and porterage
- Insight Traveller Welcome pack
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on Day 1 and Day 8
Included Highlights Summary
- Boston: See the historic sites along the Freedom Trail.
- Stockbridge: View the largest collection of Rockwell art.
- Quechee Gorge: Stop for fall foliage picture-taking.
- Woodstock: Visit Billings Farm and Museum. See the famous covered bridge.
- Waterbury and Montpelier: Visit Cold Hollow Apple Cider Mill, Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and Cabot Creamery.
- Franconia Notch: Ride the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway.
- White Mountains: Travel through Crawford Notch. Stop for photos at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods. Enjoy views of Mount Washington
- North Conway: Enjoy a wildlife presentation.
- Kennebunkport: Drive along Ocean Drive. See the homes of the rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Browse in the galleries and shops.
- Rockport: Stroll down flower-filled lanes of this charming seaside town. See the wooden fishing shacks, quaint stores and art galleries.
- Scenic Drives: Berkshire Hills, the Kancamagus Scenic Byway and the rugged scenery of the Maine coast..
Included Quality Dining
- At 6.00 pm on Day 1 join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception including drinks and a light informal meal. (WR)
- 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 2 three-course table d’hote Dinners (D)